iOS 15 improves audio and video in FaceTime, including native audio and portrait mode. Releases articles, photos, and other shared content from conversations of your messages in the relevant app shared with you. Focus helps you reduce distractions by filtering out information based on what you’re currently doing.
Notifications have been redesigned and a new notification provides a collection of summary notifications so you can receive them on time. Maps offer a beautiful redesign with a new three-dimensional city experience and directions to augmented reality.
Live Text uses on-device intelligence to recognize text in images throughout the system and on the web. New privacy policies control in Mail, Siri, and more provide transparency and give you more control over your data and privacy.
IOS 15 features
Apple has released the latest version of its iOS operating system, iOS 15. It was published on 20, Sep 2021.
Notifications redesigned with iOS 15. Contact images for people have been added. App icons have been enlarged. The notification summary collects all notifications for timely delivery and arranges them on a priority basis to minimize distractions. The most common problem on the ios platform is how to delete an album iPhone. Follow this link.
- Focus allows users to filter notifications and apps by focusing on specific topics at a time. If a user’s focus blocks incoming notifications, their status in the messages will be shown to other users. iOS will suggest a based on the user’s schedule Users can also create their focus. A focus set on an Apple device automatically applies to all other Apple devices.
- Safari has a new design. The controls are easy to use with one hand and allow more attention to the content of the web page. The compact tab bar floats to the bottom of the screen and allows users to easily switch between tabs. Tab groups allow users to save tabs and make them easy to access from any device. For the first time, there is a custom homepage as well as a web extension.
- Maps now has a new 3D view of cities. It features buildings, pedestrian crosswalks, and bike lanes. The new city driving experience includes better road details, better transit features such as pin favor lines, landing notifications, and AR walking direction.
- iOS 15 adds voice isolation and local audio to facetime calls. This allows sounds to come in as if they were coming from the location of the person on the screen. FaceTime now supports portrait mode and has a new grid view that allows you to see more faces at once. SharePlay allows users to collaborate on media while on time. Users can create shareable links for FaceTime calls. They can be opened on Android or Windows devices.
- The redesign of the Weather app in iOS 15 has included more visual displays of weather statistics, full-screen maps, and dynamic layouts that adapt to changing weather conditions. New dynamic backgrounds are now able to accurately reflect the location of the sun and current rainfall. Can be used to highlight notifications when snow or rain starts and stops.
- The Wallet app now supports key types that are not available in iOS 15. These include homes, offices, and hotel rooms. Users in the United States will be able to add a driver’s license or state ID to the Wallet app by 2022.
- Photo is a great refreshment of memories with a new design. Memories now support integration into Apple Music. It allows personal memories using on-device intelligence to suggest songs.
- Live text is a feature that uses on-device intelligence to recognize the text inside the image. Users can search, highlight and copy text. Spotlight now lets you search for images of people, places, objects, text, and landscapes. Spotlight offers great search results for actors and musicians as well as web images. If it’s shared via Find My, improved contact results will show you recent conversations, shared photos, and where they were located.
- iOS 15 introduces privacy measures such as processing secret requests directly on the iPhone. There is an added benefit of a better response. Mail privacy protection prevents senders from knowing if an email was opened and detects the recipient’s IP address. The App Privacy Report shows how often apps are using the permissions granted to them.
- There are many tweaks and modifications to other apps, such as user-created tags and mentions, Activity View in the Notes app and Trends, Walking Status, and a new sharing tab within the Health app. Features shared with you across the system feature content that has been shared through messaging conversations, and the TV app has a queue for all of you to suggest entertainment for the whole family.